A Future Bride Tries to Make Sense of Her Hyperactive Creativity

Monday, March 10, 2008

One More for the Road

I'm really trying to rid myself of all wedding thoughts these days, after doing a complete 180 and calling off my wedding. I'm not ready for marriage and all the obsessing I have done about weddings over the past 8 years has warped my sense of reality and my ideals about love. I filled up 2 whole boxes with all of my wedding magazines, planning materials, even the books on bridal consulting as a career and threw it all in the trash. I figured there are plently of other passions I could focus on without clouding my head with thoughts of getting married. But I came across this beautiful setting for a wedding and I just had to bookmark it. There's something about candle light flickering off of glass lanterns in a bed of rose petals that completely personifies romance. In fact, Faye & Greer have so many gorgeous ideas, I might have to spend a lot of time just "flipping through the pages" of their blog to check it out in all its glory.

No comments: